Friday, May 30, 2008

simple honor...

Honor, I believe I am really just starting to understand, more an ability to articulate that which I am feeling. It has always been there, it now has an explanation. The Lord discloses more to me as I grow closer in my journey with Him.

I possess an inherent heart felt desire to serve, in this call to serve, I feel a sense of honor. Honor for me is inside, has little to do with what I am doing, more to do with why I do it. I am in my sweet spot, I enjoy what I do and look forward to doing it. The fact that I love what I do further harvests a sense of honor. Rather than showing up to a job each day I struggle to enjoy, I have been blessed to have found what makes me "tick." Negative energy is not distracting my efforts, sapping life from forward progress. Honor to serve allows gratitude to show through my actions and attitude. Whether it is picking up trash on the sidewalk rather than leaving it for someone else. Going that extra step to increase the value of something I am working on, more deeply investing in others, it is more a reward of service to Him.

For me one of the deepest rewards of this attitude is when someone says, "I/We trust you..." This kind of compliment is a culmination of hard work, attitude and appreciation. I receive this compliment as a commission from Him. He is disclosing clarity in the process, I understand that in which He has called me. I invest more deeply in this understanding, I become more filled with purpose...

The greatest reward I have found in this honor is when my service is sought by others. Not because they are seeking, but that I am serving.....serving Him.