Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cause or Conviction?

Preferences are a case of the wants, "I want something this way." "I want that, bla, bla, bla..." I think it sounds like this all too often in my heart, and I think right now I am hearing how deep. Ok, right now the under dog Penguins are facing Stanley Cup elimination. Game 5 was last night in the finals, facing the battle of the year the Penguins mostly played as if it was a cause. When their backs were to the wall, you began to see that this is not a cause but a conviction. They played like there was something to loose, everything they have played for this year, it was loose & go home or fight and win. Now this is just a game, I think it represents my heart all too often. Now they are in an uphill fight, bruised and beaten, but they are facing the goal with warrior like fight to hoist the "Cup."
Here's a parallel in my life, sometimes I face this journey in Him as a cause, "yes, I want it" but I do not leave everything at the Cross. I get it into my head that I want it my way, in my time and as I prefer. I hold onto my school of thought, my desire and pursue life in my way. Well that is a total hypocrisy, instead of "thy will be done." He knows my heart, my desires, it's like when our kids ask for something again and again. "We heard you the first time is our response." So why do I question God's hearing or God's timing? I truly think it is because I treat my walk all too often as a cause not a conviction.
Thanks to Him for this journey, my wife for her devoted love to me in spite of my will. Often the voice of reason in my life, she allows me to find the answers as I submit myself to Him, and if I don't she'll nudge me in the right direction! Pastor Furtick for continuing to deliver the punch week after week that transforms my heart to seek the proper focus. His Grace that helps me to fight for my convictions in Him, Christ beared the Cross not for cause but for righteousness. When the going starts going against the way I want it to go, it is time for me to stand steadfast in my convictions, fight like there is no tomorrow, He will complete me and only Him..... James 1:12 "For when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown in which God has promised to those that love Him."