Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lurker...

Ok, I have realized sometimes I am so distracted, which means really not living in reality, an example, I often see a police officer at the bridge of 51 & 74. Not always there, but all too often I find myself no matter what my resolve to coming upon it to see the unexpected-expected. See my resolve is before I approach to check my speed, typically not traveling over the speed limit, never the less I want to check myself. Instead of my preparedness, I am suddenly awakened to the reality, I then have to take defensive actions.

The tangible application for me is to know it is out there, my best defense is to prepare for battle, not to be taken by surprise. Typically if I am suddenly thrust in the battle, if you will, it requires a defensive response, limiting my resources. When living in the now it allows me to take offensive actions giving me greater tools to take action. I make adjustments prior to the lurker appearing. It is not about avoiding, it is more about my preparedness, an offensive response to my faith, my battles are lessened simply by being on the offensive, living in the moment....