Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sabotage

As I was driving along the other day, I looked back in my mirror and realized my vision was obscured. As we are very busy here and potentially overloaded if I am not careful, suddenly realized how much there is to do. I have been focused on my spiritual growth, feeling as though I am doing what needs to be done, priorities properly submitted to Him, I have found myself in the midst of obsession. I have grabbed hold of a thought and not been able to let go of it, I have taken ownership regardless of the timing, discipline or God's plan. 2 Corinthians "...we take captive every thought to make it obedience to Christ."

While I have been doing what needs to be done, I have been blindsided, recklessly endangering my walk. Total sabotaged of submission, self will run rampant...."let me keep this one, it's not doing any harm." You get some measure of freedom in your life, I realize there are no ripples in the water, next thing you know I have gotten in the way. See it just started with one thought and not submitting to Him, keeping it captive and next thing you know I am hauling a load, pulling a trailer loaded with distraction!

Lesson learned, He heard me the first time, now I have to allow Him to have all things complete not holding back. Left to my own devices I think I can make the right choices and select what I give to Him, suddenly burdened in excess. Waiting on Him is not easy, I am in trouble if God is my co-pilot, perhaps it is time to let Him take the wheel...