Friday, June 20, 2008

Cherokee Warrior...

I was sitting at my desk the other day and occassionally hearing this strange sound. I looked around to see if I could see anything and nothing. I guess it is part of the song I am listening to, or outside. I hear it again, look around, nothing...Eiry, I know I heard something, there it goes again. Nothing, "where is that coming from?" It is like I am being watched, hunted perhaps. The sound is familiar, I identify it in my head...unpredictable in it's behavior. I am going to find it, hunt this thing down and battle this wild animal, as I know it is near me or I am going crazy! It has no place here, there it goes again.... The hunted becoming the hunter, with pin point accuracy I trace it's location calling on my native American instinct like GPS tracking.

Warm, warmer, hot, there stands the beast tangled in a web of plastic. Chills runs down my spine as I confront this baron of the air. The victor stands over its prey, as I look down to see it with it's cold dark eyes, slightly inflating itself in self defense. A rush of adrenaline shoots through my veins, I am going to wrangle this creature, weary of it's unpredictable nature, again the "Cherokee" in me comes out. I start this native dance encircling and disorienting the beast, it has worked as it seems confused by watching this idiot above it!

One fell swoosh I hone in to make my move. Wings flapping, feathers flying with venomous attack on it's mind, I have captured the intruder, "Ha, I've got you, I replied! Now who's in control little birdy?" My thoughts suddenly change, "hey, little birdy how'd you get in here? Don't worry I am just bringing you back outside, I'll let you go. Where's your mommy?" I am suddenly Dr. Doolittle, the good one, not the Eddie Murphy one! As I release the 6 inch beast back into the wild, my thoughts are drawn to one thing, besides the sense of winning this battle, "I hope no one saw that!"