Monday, June 9, 2008

Give it the best....

I was cleaning a bible this morning, reviewing notes from some of Pastor's messages. It is amazing to me the ability he has to hear a message from Him. The abundance of wisdom in which he delivers these "truth's." What speaks to me most is "giving your best to God," not settling for anything less than excellence. Total devotion to His grace, I may fall short, but that reaching for the level of excellence is what He deserves.
It is this stretching, striving and reaching that allows me to be molded. If I seek my comfort, I leave too much to be protected by pride. When pushed to look beyond myself and leave nothing in the depths of my hollows, I find humility. In this humility I see more clearly what He wants from me.
A perfect example, Old Testament, always felt as though I could not understand, so let's just leave it for others. What I have discovered, "heroes, examples and depths of understanding." Disclosing what I had missed to this point, outlines of the process of life: seeking, correcting and adjusting my focus. After all it is there for a reason! I have an eternity to rest in comfort, now is when I can make the change to be shaped by Him.