Thursday, May 8, 2008

busy night...

On the way home, time is tight, it's small group night! Sandra is busy with a number of things for the next day, in efforts to help multi-task, I stop off at a fast food joint, pick up dinner for everyone. Nothing about this visit was fast, I wrapped around the place in my truck to scope out traffic at the window, ok I'll go inside! Thought our order may be better serve to go in, I would be less likely to get it wrong, I fold under the pressure of fast food mumbling at the muffled microphone! How do people do it?

Well it looks clear inside, may get right to the counter, rehearsing the order on my way in, painstakingly pursue perfection of the order, I am not going to crumble this time. I slowly begin placing the order, again the pursuit of an accurate order. As buttons are being pushed at interface, it seems I have asked for the formula to genetic reconstruction. With a puzzled look on his face, calls in reinforcement, another comes up to input information. Let's start over it appears......this goes on for some 14+ minutes, that's just placing the order, bottom line ..... physics was easier to learn in school.

Overcharged, frustrated, felt like I had inconvenienced them by placing an order. I am a very level headed person, with great patience, understanding and respect for others. I have not been somewhere in a long time that I saw so many people that disliked having to work, perform their job responsibilities or have such a lack of concern, all collected together. I was there for over 26 minutes and felt violated when I left. I was inwardly quite frustrated so much that I wanted to write a complaint to the owner of the franchise, if this was my business I would want to know.

Spiritual takeaway, I have none! I was ticked off, kept it inside, thanked them -without sarcasm. That was the best I could do, those golden arches were tarnished, what I really wanted to say...."pull up those pants, straighten that hat and stop thinking someone owes you something, pay attention...your not that cool!"