Friday, May 2, 2008

One changes....

One of the people that works for us here is seeing things in his life change, it is awesome to watch. He has worked with us for about a year and half. Challenging past with baggage, which I identify with, he has some different philosophy's about seeking God and how to hear from Him. Bottom line, God is moving in his life, good things are happening in his life, simple things are changing. He is extremely sensitive, which shows his heart. An example is he has never worked for anyone for more than a year. This may not seem a large change to some, I identify with this year timeline, as I used to often change my employ regularly, because "it was always others or the outside forces that needed to change, not me." I've found easing is better than pushing. Plant the seed, nurture and allow it time to take root and it grows. Proves to me I am not in control, He is. This is a great reward, paying mutual benefit, both of us are participating as God grabs hold and changes lives. I could easily say he is perhaps the most loyal of our employees, evident by the response(compliments) I get on a regular basis from our clients. Often a negative response is easily given and a compliment is hard to come by, yet I have clients calling and telling me how much they appreciate his willingness, hard work, craftsmanship and cheerful disposition. This is a perfect example of stepping out of God's way, "His ways are not my ways."



Takeaways for me, as my focus is on developing my walk in Him, He shows the differences that can be made in His power and through His grace. Ministry comes in many forms, He reveals himself as He defines how to serve Him. 2Corinthians 9: 12-15 "This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"