Thursday, May 1, 2008

Impact - Obstacle or Opportunity

A couple of months ago, Pastor spoke to a group of us on the "Houdini Solution," which talks about thinking "inside" the box. The parameters of reality, rather than trying to think outside the box. How I use the constraints of reality, may be the difference in what makes me grow. In efforts to lead rather than follow, both the function and form will need to be transformed within my limitations of the "reality." Often I am approached during my day to design, build something that requires total reconstruction of thought. This means often what has worked will not suffice in today's market. Now, this is not an obstacle, unless I face it with limited creativity. This is simply "thinking inside the box," using the reality of the parameters by which I can operate or create. Standing outside the box, I push against the four walls constructed, all I can do is push the box. Thinking inside the limitation of reality, I push on the walls enabling me to stretch my surroundings.


I was approached to create something described to me, sounding relatively simple. As the description continued, the depths of which became clearly more complicated, quite frankly, by the end, ridiculous, most (intelligent) would throw their hands up and say it can not be done. Thank God for creative ignorance! I started the whole thought with a renewed understanding, I saw the vision of the final product, revised the strategy by which it would need to be implemented to see it through in fruition. This was a clear opportunity to make an impact, not settling for a limited forecast of this obstacle. In this case, for me saying "it can't be done."

God has blessed me with tools, constant re-engineering is required the closer I become to Him. What has worked to grow spiritually is good to build upon, but will not sustain the lasting impact I must have to grow in Him. I must challenge the realities of my life, not from the outside, but from inside and stretch who I am, while focused on Him.