Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Voicemail...am I answering

Funny, I have realized the convenience of voicemail when someone does not want to answer a call, especially connected to caller id! When I was growing up, none of these features existed, now it allows complete control over my response. It got me thinking about my answer to Him, is He reaching me or my voicemail?

Am I interested in making the changes I need to make, by receiving His calls. Or do I let them roll over to voicemail, answering them when it is more convenient? I would like to say, I am open to His instruction, placing myself in complete surrender to Him. The only way for me to be whom I was intended to be is to answer those calls that I really would rather not take! I began to think of Jonah running from his call from God, hiding from God, so he thought. If I run from what I know I must do, I cause a storm around me, it effects all those around me in some way. I guess you could say throughout time, there has always been some sort of voicemail, the results from avoiding those calls will always be the same.... I can pretend or avoid those calls or just answer and ask for the strength. At some point in time, He will get my attention and I will have to answer the call....why not when it is ringing! Do I have to be swallowed and vomited from the belly of a whale?