Monday, May 19, 2008

Sling shot....

Interesting opportunity to spend a couple of hours observing a client's place of business. As I perused the walls filled with an article from a local magazine, filling me in on "business philosophy," personal character and how "this person is making a difference in their community." After reading this article I could only think to myself, am I the same person others see, "what they see and who I am with the cameras off?" I do not want to seek personal glory misrepresented or edited to what I think others want to hear. Substance of character, personal and professional integrity, the ethics by which I conduct myself. I felt as though I was toe to toe with Goliath, a giant with no apparent weakness...1 Samuel 17. In this case I stood firmly knowing I have done all that needs to be done and my patience had worn through.

On the outward appearance our business philosophy was the exact same, so why am I here? See I was at this place of business because a debt has gone unpaid, correspondence unanswered. The only way for me to collect was to confront this "giant." The article on the walls seemed filled with inaccuracies, as the way in which our business had been treated. Our goal in business is to deliver beyond expectations, go above the call of duty and honor the investment. I have a mission, using what God has placed in me, the tools at which He allows us to provide service to those around us, "a man is worthy of his hire." There is no reason to cower from who we are in, all I could think of was Pastor's message containing "wysiwyg," what you see is what you get.....

Bottom line, believe in what He has called me to, have faith in what is right and He works all the details out. The ripples in life ebb and flow, the character in which I conduct myself will be rewarded in Him. Facing life as you are, without a coat of armor and He will provide the strength to slay the giant....no matter what the odds.