Monday, May 12, 2008

Business tip...

I have one guy that works for us here, that potentially is the best at organization, if we reel him in from some of his wacky ideas on storage systems. The wheel has been invented and perfected! He can go through the shop with great zeal and organize, the problem that is faced, he doesn't understand the much maligned "dewy decimal system!" It is not hardware with hardware, fasteners with fasteners or wood species with wood specie. It is some kind of organizational process requiring a combination of engineering degree, absence of reason and degree of complication for a rocket scientist! I may just lack the "creative genius" he possess. Now given the organizational prowess, organized school of thought, if the formula is not written out no one else will ever know. The key to this component is the minute after he organizes, he doesn't even remember! See I was born with some genetic glitch paired with Hardy Boy mysteries in my youth that allow me the opportunity to think through, take notes (mentally) and use the powers of simple observation. He could organize a pink box, blue box and white one filled with stuff and never even recognize the colors in which set them apart, let alone look inside to run a quick analysis & mental spreadsheet. I write this entry as again we have suddenly been jolted into a dead stop, 6 people halted, to look for something he remembers from yesterday placing somewhere? Somewhere? Where?

We have a delivery going out with these needed components for completion, one would might ask "what about putting them with all the other cabinets being delivered?" It makes sense to me, I guess that's where I go wrong!