Friday, May 16, 2008

Personality test

This may even take the cake for absurd, as I was coming in to work, on the radio I heard about a new pet adoption process in Washington State. Now as an animal lover I respect the questions we have been asked before adoption, the interview process to clearly articulate the needs, care and responsibility of a pet. I prefer to think there are more that will love and nurture a pet, and weed out those who disregard the value of a pet. As little annoys me more than cruelty to animals.

The process of a personality test for both you and the cat, to be matched. The first question I have is how is the flippin cat going to answer these questions? No, a behaviorist studying how you rank on the questionnaire and the cat's personality. I have never really done well on testing, this scares me! What if I go through the whole process and I am not able to find the match? Sorry sir, we are unable to make a match at this time, I have been declined! Or I really liked the striped one and they match me with the hairless one? A devastating blow, I choked under pressure, where have I gone wrong?

No, I never really thought about it before but, there are certain freedoms I wish to continue to possess, "picking out the animal by the interactions we have together." The article goes on to state, "But she applauds these efforts to enlighten people about the differences among cats, which have always been less understood than dogs."

I guess I am just too simple, God knew that as I am allergic to cats!......