Saturday, April 12, 2008

Overpacking part 2

What's it about men that force everything into one bag, as if to make a point? I used to have an average size suitcase, it is smaller now. When and how has this happened? Before we leave for somewhere, my duty, go into the attic and get luggage down. Somehow, I am holding all the straws, having known which straw is which, I always pull the short one! Lord knows if it was winter forget'bout dit, I'd never fit anything. I am not the guy that spends 50% traveling for work, I have traveled some and learned lessons of packing. Fold and roll, whatever, I am going to make this work, I am a man. Somehow, I can not be seen with the second bag (ManCode violation 432:90). Besides, do I have any hope? I have 2 daughters, 1 wife and her flippen blow dryer that is the size of a fire extinguisher!

Sometimes the question is asked, "do you have some extra room?" Extra room..where, are you crazy? I would have to start wearing speedo's, Lycra clothing and tank tops only to have extra room! No one wants this, and the very thought of this embarrasses my oldest daughter, I will hold onto this one for the future! Ok, my solution, wisely executed a couple of years ago, golf bag! The travel bag has places to cram, jam and "cushion" my clubs! Yes, that's right I now can enjoy that second pair of jeans, sweatshirt and perhaps an extra pair of shoes! Best yet, have not broken man code and I've added credibility with my clubs, impressive!

Sunday we arrived here on the Island, I carry all luggage, 3 girls worth of stuff, food, totes w/supplies, bikes, bla, bla bla! Finally, I get it all into the house and start unpacking. I open my travel bag for the clubs........I have bike helmets, jackets, kites and everything but my overflow! What just happened? I am not sure I have a solution for this one! No one will believe me with a garmet bag, the last suit I was forced into was............? It still counts as a second bag!