Monday, April 28, 2008

Blinders or Kingdom

I have been working on a strategy(revisions) in our business over the last couple of years or so, to sustain our growth and continue to build our reputation. I have begun to really look around at other successful companies, read as much as I can about their successes and take what I can to build foundation. It is not only their successes, learning from their failures. How they have worked within their limitations to build upon their realities. I have learned I do not have the answers, I do possess the ability to learn & revise the strategy. Evaluating many resources and strategic planning to complete the "Vision." All that I read, listen and learn from share a similar vision, "success," not yet have I come across anyone who has set out failure. If the shops in my area were to put their heads together, push each other we would be able to make a significant impact in our areas of business, there is enough work for all of us. Rather than trying to protect our "trade secrets" or padding our preferences, we work to raise the level producing quality results, working in unison. Separating the chaff from the wheat. It is all too easy for me to work within my comforts, thinking I know something others do not by living with blinders on.

Last night we heard a message from Pastor Furtick about "One Prayer" project. He recorded a message for this upcoming video teaching series where pastor's will share a message, churches will exchange these teachings, allowing many churches to hear, learn and grow from the messages from Pastor's across the nation. It's about the Kingdom, impacting the Kingdom in His name, more broad minded than the preferences of the local church. Churches are primarily known for what they're against in the community rather than what they are for, isn't it time for us to stand up and proclaim the name of Christ?