Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Celebrating Birthdays

We had a partial celebration of a birthday last night, partial because for this one's birthday it can not be complete without a date night! My bride is dorning the same age as me! She revels in the thought that for 5 months of the year she is younger than me, Ha, you've caught up! Now this could be filled with the spiritual benefits of the joy she has brought into my days, walk and faith. I choose to fill this blog with the observations from her day. Kids have made it so much more fun to celebrate these kinds of milestones.
Takeaways from last night.......We started our dinner with a very special prayer, in honor of her.
Cornbread casserole...the molten lava of casserole, yummy!
Sloppy Joe's...that's right who will spill this time...good job Coley!
Then some gift's....creative cards from the girls, coupons stuffed inside.
A card from Jess, opening it up was a hand written dissertation! Obviously, she has my ability to write...lengthy notes, "novels" if you will!
These coupons were filled with things like 4 hours without a child whining, 10 minute foot massage, help around the house, among others. What was so funny about these coupons was they were wrapped like some sort of "top secret message." I think the government could benefit from a child's origami folding, tucking and taping of a note!
Spiritual takeaways.....living in the "now" offers the opportunity to benefit in the moment. I am able to see those little things that make the difference in life, enjoy how God has blessed me and we can all laugh together as they are inside jokes! Inside jokes are those that resinate, in an instant they come back, put a skip into my step and smile on my face! The joy is in the journey....