Saturday, March 8, 2008

Endless love


Dear, faithful and loving Chloe,


To you I write......... Ever since you were 8 weeks old you have brought so much love and devotion into my heart. Never as much as a whimper or complaint, you seem so very happy. Your expression was to me a smile, never short of amazing how your excitement filled my life. You never required more than nourishment, yet you always knew what you should give, just that extra touch. Each and every day you greeted me with your attention when I returned. You could turn the darkest of days to a wonderful memory. You run to the car, jumped in, always at the ready, "let's go" you showed. You have always been what you are, never living in pretense. Your personality was a dream, easy and laid back. You never had to be restrained, you took the lead and never wandered. Even as Kim took you into uncharted grounds, you frolicked and forged the way, "exploring." You always protected those who love you, determined to stand this ground. Yet your nature was to love, well disciplined and peaceful. I've enjoyed each and every day, your attention and love.
I remember most the trips to the beach. You lay on the shoreline, facing away from the water. Waves washing over your back, wondering "what just happened, again." This memory blazoned into my heart.
A wounded warrior I sit. The pain of reality and our mortality collide as this inevitable moment in time has come. As tears fill in my eyes, I think of what you've been.... a friend never faltering from the love you bring. You fill my heart, joy I will sing when I think of you.
Dear Chloe, our time has passed, today has brought such pain.
Though I know that for today you no longer strain
I rejoice for your precious memories will never wain
all you given, the love you've shown far out weigh the pain of today.
Lord, I thank you for the time we've shared, the blessings flowed from the love she's shown.
For she is yours and one day we shall unite...perhaps another walk along the shore....
My love for you will endure....

Fond memories, endless love, our dog has passed