Thursday, July 10, 2008

one question....

I had someone ask the other night a question, it is simply hard for me to answer. Scripture is rich in context, simply states "He has lived and died for us." The question was "I have been forgiven, my wife has forgiven me, why can't I forgive myself?" I think it is a matter of truth, faith and acceptance. The truth is Jesus came to earth, died on a Cross and rose from the Grave. It clearly is not one component without the others, if your faith is in Him. Agape love is all about the unexplainable love Christ has for His People, to be flooded with Grace, accepted for who I am despite what I've done. That gives me chills, just to think this is for me.

There's the answer...if I know the truth, believe in that Truth, acceptance will come with building myself in Him. This is where seeking Him requires change, action and discipline to believe bigger than myself. Satan is always going to try and steal the peace Christ delivers, questioning why you can not forgive yourself is not letting the Power flow, receiving this Power is the answer.