Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Milestones....

You reach a time in your life where you've passed certain milestone and others still approaching. Well, yesterday was a biggy! Sandra handed me some mail that came for me to open, I choose not to believe I am ready for this one. On the outside of the envelope read "AARP," she laughed!
Ouch to this one, do you know what it means? Yes, I guess the best description is I now can show up to a restaurant at 4:00 p.m. for dinner, stroll the mall with knee socks and "walking shoes," legally tell a youngster to pull up those britches among many other features!
Truth is I have a couple of years to officially qualify, perhaps it takes a little while to get my papers organized, but this one is coming up on the horizon. In return, payback for her as she is just months behind me in the years! My initial response, ignore and deny. The next, dang I look good for my age! Though me bones, joint and back ache everyday I am officially maturing. I'll take it over where I once was and where I have been! Life is good even if they gray shows more and people are officially recognizing me as a pre-senior! I think I'll take a nap, why? Because I can!