Friday, July 25, 2008

Let's pull together....

Today's quandary, how do you get production of 12 out of 8 men? With the temperature rising in the shop, work backing up and production down, how do you get an increase in productivity?
Truly a dilemma, I am stuck with this on my mind. I have spoken with 2 valued leaders in my life about this situation, it seems as I have individuals who find the need to drag fans to every work station with them, even if they are there for 5 minutes.
The suggestions are more moral and team building, very valid points. I have events scheduled in the next 2 weeks to take some time for these, yet we have to get there first. I can not seem to overcome the fact that I am bending to make concessions rather than everyone pulling together. It appears that like minded goals and discipline are the stumbling blocks. I am allowing others to place considerable responsibility on me. External forces, internal personnel, critical time lines and responsibilities have me questioning "what's it going to take?"
Refocus, revise strategies, turn the music up and put your head down...communicate the goals, vision and expectations. Reward the efforts of the team pulling together, pulling up the boot straps and digging in. What's this look like? I am not sure but communication needs to lead the way, articulating as my bride suggested "our success in directly driven by our working together, we will succeed only if every part of the body is working in unison with the others. Their understanding of allowing me to do what I need to do will in return make their jobs more efficient and efforts more rewarding."
Digging in and not giving up, this is where the progress and commitment will be measured, we have a job to do. A "can do" attitude and victory will be the only way to overcome the hurdles of productivity.