Monday, July 14, 2008

full-filled

I had a parrot (Caesar) for years who could judge my singing abilities, he used to stand at his perch and sing along with me to songs. He would bob and dart his head around while whaling out a tune. When things went bad with my sing along he would spread his wings and shriek! Truth be told most songs rapidly after the first note possessed this characteristic, where my ability to carry a tune took a distinct turn, no such thing as harmonizing for me!

One of the measures for me on a Sunday of a great worship service is the fact of my prayers for apology! The apologies are for those around me for my singing, inevitably a distraction to their worship experience! Yesterday was one of those days I found myself singing at the top of my lungs through 4 services, only to hear Caesar shrieking in my head! So to those around me... "Sorry!," but a joyful song unto the Lord! Can't argue that, perhaps this is my version of speaking in tongues!