Monday, September 15, 2008

Perspective

The Lord seems to have me in a period of pruning, that I may bear fruit. Pastor Furtick's message from 2 weeks ago, from the Gospel of John 15. verse 2 He cuts off the branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
I am learning about remaining in the vine, the real significance of believing and being nourished.
Here's my best attempt at where I am at now in my life. The irony in my journey, last week I received information that our business was selected as 1 of Wood 100's top small businesses of the year. In fact they have rated us at #43 in the nation, the criteria for this qualification is based on many different factors, not easily achieved as we only supply information and they research the factors and examine the prior years as well. This is awesome, Praise God. I really do not know how to celebrate, as this is truly His achievement not mine.
Sandra and I have trusted in Him for all the growth, change and transformation over the last 4-5 years to bring us where we are today. About 13 years of believing I had something to do with success before now. I stand again at the turning point, as I have no understanding of what I can do now. We have been in overdrive over the last couple of months, turning projects away as we did not have the time to take more work. Jobs lined up in cue, for whatever reasons beyond my control and in part could have controlled. Delays, economy and simple uncertainty finding work is difficult right now.
So what am I trying to say? All the awards, publicity and achievements mean nothing without trusting in Him. Being named the 43rd in the nation will do nothing to pay my bills, trusting that He is in control and loves us makes the pain of pruning that much bearable knowing we will bear fruit. More important that He is in control, submitting myself to the truth and getting out of His way while He shapes our future.