Tuesday, August 26, 2008

attacked....tested....

I feel as though we/I am under attack. We have been extremely busy and as a result things get overlooked, are missing or incomplete. This is not good, and I must address the root of the issue and be better organized that I may also breed better organization. As things around are creating problems out of our control, there simply is no argument when we may have some contributing factor in this.
A couple of weeks ago, I was mowing the lawn and put the lawn mower away in the garage. The following week, I pulled the mower out to cut it again. Something was wrong the self-propelled transmission was not working. This meant greater effort, I had to push the mower all by myself. Instead of "getting under the hood" and investigate I just pushed and said I will look into it later. So I cut the lawn the following week I pull the gear box cover off, checked the cable and looked into everything I could to make sure connections were in proper order. I found nothing wrong, so I cut the lawn again manually, "after all it's better exercise." I was overlooking the problem, making excuses, and just living with it the way it was...avoiding the problem. Well the following week I started the mower resolved in the fact I would just have to get used to pushing the mower. Then I looked down and saw the speed control was turned all the way down. Yes, I felt kind of stupid at this point, but on the other hand it was like receiving a blessing.
What is my moral to the story? When I am too busy I am only setting myself up for problems. I get too used to just adjusting, accepting or over looking the real issues. So even if I am under attack or being tested I have to make sure my life is in order and I am not leaving myself exposed to something for Satan to grab hold of, sometimes it is just the simplest of things.