Saturday, July 4, 2009

independence day....

Been thinking about what freedom is; or what it is not because I have more experience in that category.
Freedom is less me and more Thee.
Freedom is not mine but Thine.
Freedom is more Thy than my.
I was in search of independence when what I was really missing was freedom.
As I begin to think about the grace in His pursuing me, I see freedom was paid by those who came before, who gave for the cost of freedom from the law. Christ sacrificed His freedom so that He could pay for mine. He was and is the only way to find freedom. Bought and paid...through that comes real independence, knowing the Father's love for me. An intimacy with God.

That's freedom to me
Mark 10:45 45 "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."