Friday, July 17, 2009

a violinist....

While watching a violinist I was floored by his focus, his whole body seemed to be caught in that moment. While watching his facial expressions, I began thinking about the music he was playing. As if he was the only instrument playing, he was consumed; oblivious to the sounds & world around him. He trusted the training, rehearsal and knowledge to be completely in tune. He was confident in his craft, skills of others and calling that his only focus was in the present moment. He was not lost in the moment he was focused on the moment. So as the violinist's bow draws across the strings, all sacrifice to that point emboldens him to know he has what it takes to make the next note.

A question I hear from men struggling is how do you resist temptation? Fight then resist, know where the enemy lives among you. Scripture says when tempted; not if. To fight temptation, I actively participate in the moment, on my toes not on my heels. If I am not resisting temptation I may be entertaining it. Submitting to Him I will find confidence in His strength, I can identify where temptation enters and prevent desire from becoming sin.

1 Corinthians 10:13 ends the passage with ...he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.