Tuesday, July 7, 2009

hope....or Hope?

After speaking to someone who remarked something to the effect of "I hope I will find peace and freedom from what holds me back." When truly the bottom line is "what holds me back....me" As if to say "one day I hope I can go to Disney World." Certainly not if you do not labor for it!

When I suddenly realized hope has become some misrepresentation of it's meaning. In it's own distorted way it means wishful thinking. If there is one thing that I have come to believe is look back in my life, call on history. When I have let go of what holds me back; faith and hope step in to allow His past performance to prove His future faithfulness. In this conversation hope stepped forward and offered the words "Hope is a confidence that God will do as He has promised."

I prefer to live in the hope of His return rather than "I hope Christ returns?" There is no question in that statement for He has responded every time I moved to Him. Steadfast in Hope, I am changed because of that Hope.

"A memory from my past can be just the encouragement I need in a difficult time. When in doubt, think back." (author unknown by me) "The scars of sin will be gone..." Philippians