Monday, October 13, 2008

pull up those britches.....

Yes, I can not deny the fact I am becoming the old man in the crowd. The one I used to make fun of, the crotchety one who starts sentences with things like "when I was you age....!" or "I just don't understand young people today...!"

I was standing outside my local "nectar of the God's" store the other day. Watching a kid get out of his car. He took what easily was 3 minutes to adjust himself to make just the right statement, his interpretation! He stood up to adjust the hat with just enough twist to shout "I'm a punk!" (my interpretation). Pulled at his pants, wiggling, writhing adjusting himself just right, tugging, yanking and pleating to get those pants at the proper height across his butt. You all know what I am talking about, you've asked yourself the same question!
Only then was he able to move forward, his left arm swinging and right hand grasping at his mid-section to hold his pants from falling all the way to his ankles.
Moments ago his pants were cinched up at his waist, where they would not have dropped! What sense does this make? I kept my mouth shut but really wanted to suggest he just pull them up. Just then I remembered how I must have looked in those holey jeans I used to wear back in the 80's.