Saturday, December 12, 2009

what's your name....?

Have you ever met someone and forgotten their name only to pass them pretending that you remember? You will never have a relationship based on the pretense of knowing them. It is so much easier to simply say, I have forgotten your name. I rely on myself to remember and even resist asking others to help me remember. Eventually time goes by and  it is even harder to humble yourself before them to admit the simple truth, "I have forgotten your name!" I will never know what I am missing or even know what could have been if I do not ask your name. This is what it takes to value someone even more, admitting our weakness & shortcomings.
I was introduced to Him, even had an encounter with him. I was just too busy with other things to have heard his name. I kept passing him in the halls, on the job and in church. Many spoke of him, even I told stories of him. It's what everyone else was doing. They were not my memories of him. I began to speak less of him, even forgetting about him. Perhaps, he could have helped me the most, but I did not actually know him.
I was feeling alone, afraid and empty. It's like when you buy a car, suddenly you see them everywhere. Everywhere I was, He was looking back to me. The pressures of life were collapsing in on me, but I stopped looking up since I was ashamed of what I had become.  Then one day, I realized who He was and that He had always been there waiting for me. He was not concerned for what I had done. He already knew me! Ever since that moment, I have never forgotten His name!

Do you know His name? If you don't, just ask Him. He'll be glad to tell you, He longs to tell you.