Friday, December 4, 2009

let's get together....

Last night on The Office, Michael made an incredibly profound statement to my spirit, I laughed so hard yet realized the truth it really spoke. "I have made 1,000's of empty promises and none have ever been as generous as this!" still makes me laugh.....

Seems I have a few friends in my life who continue to request time. I have made repeated attempts to actually schedule time, call when I find myself with time or simply reach out and make time! I am beginning to believe it is just not their time! I know this feeling of procrastination.

Let's call a spade a spade, in these particular requests, you want to change but clearly are just not ready for change. Change will require you to move, take action and deny your selfish desires. I am honored that someone would desire to spend time with me, because ultimately I believe they see life change in me. This is what attracts their attention, I am humbled that I stand out because I stand up for Christ. I will always make myself available as time allows, know I am not simply standing by waiting for it to be your time. His time is far too valuable, I realize this now, because I am living for Him.

Bottom line I kept making those empty promises, reaching out does not make the change. Stepping up, making the connection, reaching to Him, actually doing something for Him will lead you to the change you seek. Whether you find yourself at the computer struggling, feeling alone and that God does not answer prayers, that you find no relief to the shame you feel, you're not alone as long as you take that action to move to Him. Continuing to do the same things over and over, expecting different results...is the insanity cycle.


In my life it used to be difficult to embrace change. I continue to remain faithful to Him; now it is welcomed. You see I once saw something in others too that I wished I had, requesting their time. So know that I know how you feel, and if only you would let go of what you see in others and begin to seek it in yourself you too will find yourself being used by Him in time.

Fill your promise with commitment to change, follow through and you will find expty promises are a thing of the past!