Wednesday, April 8, 2009

what level, what risk?

Playing solitaire on the computer I have seen my level of comfort. Instead of risking my "statistics" I prefer to play at a level that allows total comfort, a winning record. I know when my hockey team takes the ice we typically play a better game if we play the first place team, instead of the last place team. We stand the chance of a loss or victory, but we play differently. Are you the underdog or heavily favored for victory?

I am finding I want some predictability in the turbulent seas that is my life right now. I am wanting to play at beginner's level. What is that other than yesterday's success? What am I placing on the line? Am I fighting or folding?

In my journey I am facing giants, the unknown, the odds seem stacked against me. So Biblical reference takes more significance in my walk, what have I been learning? God uses the believer, what that looks like - the weak, the broken, the sinner, the underdog.....
Pastor just shared a message on "4 ways to accelerate escape from no man's land..." His first point was "Take a God lead relational risk." 2 Samuel 12:1-14 Nathan leading David to repentance. Another I think of is Jonathan in 1 Samuel 14, he took a risk from the safety of the pomegranate tree and defeated the Philistines. The odds were not in his favor! I have got to stop feeling sorry for myself, stop waiting on Him. I have to move to Him.....no matter what the outcome I need to step into Him. After all the scripture goes on to say "perhaps the Lord will act on our behalf." If I do not even take the step, how can He act on our behalf? Taking the risk of "act on our behalf" is my part here, have faith, God lead risk, not foolish risk. Taking comfortable risk is no risk at all......