Monday, April 20, 2009

what's hiding?

Just the other day I stopped in to buy a sandwich at a deli. People in the seats eating and having their own conversations. People busy working to make orders. Product on the shelves, in the display cases. There was a buzz all over this place, at first glance the scene was so different from what I then noticed. I heard in the back ground the TV programmed to some news network. I could hear the story in the background only to look up to the TV. There across the screen was a big box blocking the program. Inside the box was an announcement from the Satellite provider, "to avoid disruption of service contact customer service regarding outstanding balance." I was profoundly struck by what I realized in that moment.

What hit me is we all have something to hide, we make the outside look all put together. It is the old perception...this is what I want others to see. As if the TV was the eyes of this businesses soul, there it was being disclosed, "All is not as it would appear." Some hide it from others, some try, eventually it becomes exposed. Just another reason I need a Savior in my life, Lord knows as I try to hide it, someone is going to see it. In humility He takes all that from me, He wants it all. The more I seek His grace the more I want to appear put together, it is some less than natural oxymoron...He never hid His wounds for me, He received them for me.