Thursday, April 16, 2009

Power in weakness.....

In reading through the book of James, many things are written simply that I may understand! Now in the Resurrection season, perspective has been clarified in significant ways. I discover some misconceptions when I think as the world would encourage. Man equates meekness with weakness, humility with inadequacy. God places a high premium on these very attributes that man scorns. The truth is amazingly when we admit our own inadequacy, He shares His total adequacy with us. While the world devalues the man with humility, one who does not thrust himself forward....what if He had not been humble at the cross for me?

Now where do I get this perspective? As Pastor Furtick preached from Isaiah 53:1-6, not your typical Easter message; Pastor drilled home what it is to esteem Christ. What does that look like? What was it like for the pain and suffering as He was pierced for my transgressions and crushed for my iniquities? Pastor asked "Do you hate the sin that put Christ on the cross?" His death was too brutal not to esteem Him, after all He died for me. Now that's perspective, I have got to change......