Monday, March 30, 2009

Power to or power through.....

"Is it the power to me or is it the power through me?"
Used to be without a doubt, it's me....to me was the answer.

Here is the profound explanation I received today in reading scripture. The Dead Sea, the largest body of water in a dry thirsty land, is exactly that - a dead sea. The water flows to it, there is no outlet so evaporation and stagnation make it polluted and useless. This is a powerful illustration of faith if I allow it to stagnate. We can know all the right things and even say all the right things, but if our faith finds no expression - no outlet - it is dead. One of the ways true faith will manifest itself is in our attitudes and actions towards others.
(John 7:37-38)
His life giving water must flow through us to touch others...I can not miss the key of that thought. It has nothing to do with the words I speak, everything to do with the Spirit in which it's spoken.

Ouch

Saturday, Sandra and I heard a story that brought me to my knees. We had to pray for this couple, a couple we may never meet, yet our testimony may.... I was so burdened by what I heard, I could not stop at hearing, we had to take action.