Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just trying

Well, this is my first attempt at blogging. I have been spurred to start by others, their thoughts and opportunity to think aloud. As I type this is often the way in which I think, by writing. Just thinking about the thoughts that anyone would even be interested in reading those thoughts in my heart. I am spawned by the thought that starting with the small things, as Pastor Furtick (Elevation Church)has referred to "The broken window theory," Start with the small things, in my life - my motto for this year will be to "start smart and finish strong." An area of my life that needs work is the finishing strong, following through. I am a small business owner, struggling professionally, trying to share the vision of this business with my employees. I want them to take the same ownership of this business, well how do I do this? Well first I must implement a strategy, I must lead the way and they will follow, by example. My strategy would be first to begin with seeing my own vision, what do I want from life. I want to be a better man in all areas of life, so start first with the things I can change. Inside of me I am a craftsman, not an accomplished businessman. I thrive on creating, building and I often sell myself short of the value in what I do. I am learning that I do not need to worry about what other people think, do not worry about having more because the outcome will come from Him, not from what I do. This levels the playing ground as I am learning we all have our strengths. Not to rest on my laurels, but to know that He is molding me, often having to break me to reshape me. So it does not matter what I create if in the end I am not following through with the same strength I started. Like a good cigar, it is measured all the way through the "smoke" what happens throughout the legnth of the cigar. Flavors, draw, intensity......if in the end it does not leave a good flavor, I am less likely to return for another one of those. So the idea is to find a greater balance all the way through, for the entire length provide an abundance of memorable flavors. So my start is here, to begin by writing my thoughts, reflecting on what pours from my heart and pray to Him that He will abundantly fulfill His promise in my life. So today I must first start by asking why does the finishing strong wain in the end? Self examination, answer to follow.....as I learn. I must not be focused on the vision and translate this to all that work for us when I know better what I am searching for... clarity, vision and integrity all the way through............