Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In me, not on me.....

Visiting Starbucks this morning someone mentioned her daughter that suffers from an eating disorder. I asked more, since she was speaking about it. She said "she is anorexic." Immediately my heart felt burdened, pained for this girl. Immediately my response was "I will pray for her," as 1 Thessalonians 5:17 came to mind "pray without ceasing."

What burdens my heart most is that Satan uses the power of our affliction and sin to bind us in the bondage. The bondage of shame and guilt that holds us back from the Resurrection power of Jesus Christ. We are blinded to receiving the grace He paid in the ultimate sacrifice of death on the cross. The fact is we're wrong in our perspective, pray that we may see through His eyes. "See God in me, not the filth that was on me."

Chris Tomlin's "Amazing Grace" he sings "My God my Savior has ransomed me." He has paid the price, even if I feel no worth, He knew the cost He would pay. It was never the cost....it was all the value! My commission as a believer and father is to make sure I do not miss the opportunity to share the value. The cost can keep us captive, the value will set us free....