Thursday, May 7, 2009

Holy Spirit....

When praying for some friends, over circumstances in their lives that it would be easy to pass judgement, clearly not mine to pass. I would miss the entire lesson of loving others!

Could it be that because of our insensitivity to the working of the Holy Spirit, we often fail to recognize the inner ministry of God in other people's lives?

I came across the story of Hannah & Eli in 1 Samuel, when it became clear for me. Whenever we are tempted to judge another person, I must remember how Eli misunderstood Hannah. Because we cannot fully understand others, we often misinterpret their motives and conduct. Since God alone knows the thoughts and intentions of our hearts, He alone fully understands what motives our behavior.

Simply, I remember Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged"

Would it not be better to love others.....than to judge others?