Thursday, January 8, 2009

Spare tire...

About 2 years ago I was driving in my truck, I felt a sudden thud then in my rear view I something bounce across the road. It looked like a wheel, it was my spare tire, the mounting had rotted and suddenly let go. I was thinking this was miraculous, it let go from under my truck, bounced across a major roadway and onto the side of the road. Now it took me a little to realize what had happened, and respond to it. When I did respond I can remember that I even said to myself, "well maybe I do not even need it, after all my truck was 13 years old and I had not needed it before, so will I need it in the future?"
I have been thinking about this recently, there is so much to think about.
1. I was willing to risk my safety and not have a spare.
2. No one was injured as it easily could have caused an accident.
3. It was questionable if it was worth my efforts to go after it.
4. Ignore and pretend it never happened.
What has been circulating in my brain is this, God has always been there waiting on me to see Him. I was treating my relationship with Him like a spare tire. Truth is I was waiting for Him to respond to me. He finally said "what do I need to do to get your attention?" Was it not enough He was bouncing in my rear view mirror trying to get my attention. As He bounced, danced across the road not only grabbing my attention, others as well. I turned around and picked it up, threw into the bed...strapped it in and keep it from getting away. I realized, I thought I did not need it, but have realized just how much I need Him.
I have to stop treating my love for Jesus like a spare tire, call on it only when I need it. He wants so much more for me.....