Tuesday, January 27, 2009

set adrift....

A friend said to me this morning describing my belief in Him and practice there of....."you set sail without the sail being raised, the difference today is your sail has been raised, your bearings are set to the horizon and their is an objective, a destination."
Why does it sound so easy to understand? I was set adrift in the past, trying to head in the right direction, but being tossed about occasionally making progress to the destination, all too often being pushed ashore in the tide. Now I can be more effective, even as the winds change, I come about and I am still heading to the objective. I am allowing Him to fill my sails and push me towards His destination for me. He will fill the sails, I must remain focused on Him continuing to move towards Him.