Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Believe in the value...

Studying Matthew 26, Jesus in Gethsemane as Pastor has shared a message about these passages. I have had a number of conversations with men recently that have drawn me back to this message "The cost of your calling." What has spoken to me most is the burden that Jesus bore for me. In v.38 Jesus was overwhelmed at the cost, yet He focused on the value of what He was doing......for you and for me.

In v.41 Jesus goes on to say "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
Be on guard. It's one thing to understand with my brain, until I bear that burden and understanding in my heart I believe it is impossible to see the call. I am sickened to know that I was to keep watch, over my own heart and I fall asleep. I love this sickening feeling "I now have this in my heart." I am believing more than ever in the value of His calling on me. I still must be on guard for the stakes continue to grow. The pressing continues with even more pressure, to extract every drop of oil from the olive.
All that I/we have gone through will serve His "calling." You do not get to turn your calling off. The value is too significant. He went to the Cross for me....He knew the cost and died for me.