Monday, September 21, 2009

this man's vacation exercise...

Ok, truth be told I have this habit of going on vacation to catch up on the exercise I have put off all year. I put long hours in the saddle! Strapped up the cycling shoes, filled the water bottle, earbuds in. I have it in my mind I am off on another adventure, slipping through the mean streets here on the island. Poised to pass upcoming motor vehicles, like a tornado, I am focused, driven with a vision. Hop on my steed, push play, crank up the volume... watch out
Ozzy Osbourne "Crazy Train,"
Crazy, but that’s how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it’s not to late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate.....

Yes, focus, now even inspiration, "learn how to love....," I am off. Watch out golf carts, I'm on yo 'ash, the blaze that just rode past you, is me. Cop-per's catch me if you can, lightening I am. Harmonious sounds of gears, chain and testosterone! Man and machine in unison, well oiled...

Gasp, wheeze, hack.... ouch, it burns, aaahh, I think I am gonna throw up.
"due to a man's stupidity, arrogance and pride that tell him he is capable of doing today what he could do yesterday." quoted by chris pollard 4/8/08. Yes, why is it I get on vacation every year - peddle, skate and run as though I'd been doing it all year long. Only to remember I could not do it then either! What a numbskull, think I just blacked out from a lack of oxygen, did that happen last year too?!!!! Perhaps I will stick to riding with the girls!

At least I was not wearing the Lycra wind suit!!!!!!!!!
It's great getting old, people expect the mind to go, I can finally deliver, it is!
Yes, appearing soon at a mall near you, ready to rock those socks!